Installing R packages

Jump to solution
04-04-2022 05:20 AM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have established a Kernel gateway connection between Insights desktop and Anaconda Insights base environment.

So, my question is how can I now install various R libraries, that I can then use in Insights scripting?

Part of the problem is that Anaconda does not let me install RStudio in the Insights-base environment (created using this guide). Thus, I don't know where do I need to go to install R packages. 

A side question would be in the Insights scripting console, can I use the following to import packages?

library(tidyverse)

Question | Analyze | Visualize
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

SaadullahBaloch,

I'm using Anaconda Navigator to manage my scripting environments.  Within each environment I can add various Python or R libraries (including tidyverse).

Scott_Aulen_0-1649077476004.png

The various packages can then be utilized within the Insights scripting console.  Would this be a possible solution for you?

Scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

SaadullahBaloch,

I'm using Anaconda Navigator to manage my scripting environments.  Within each environment I can add various Python or R libraries (including tidyverse).

Scott_Aulen_0-1649077476004.png

The various packages can then be utilized within the Insights scripting console.  Would this be a possible solution for you?

Scott