Is there a way to share a folder in Insights for ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
06-15-2022 08:30 AM
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

I want to upload datasets for a specific project in a folder and share the folder with a group. I can't find documentation on how to do that in Insights for ArcGIS Online. 

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi Alicia, 

Unfortunately, there is no way to share a folder at this moment. Insights use the same component that makes a folder in the user's content both in Portal or ArcGIS Online. 

Folders are per user and a way to organize your own content. Groups will be an appropriate place for shared content. I understand the need for further organization within a group if the same group works on multiple projects.  That said, this Idea can be repositioned to support searching/filtering groups and group categories within insights on the home page and insights workbooks

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi Alicia, 

Unfortunately, there is no way to share a folder at this moment. Insights use the same component that makes a folder in the user's content both in Portal or ArcGIS Online. 

Folders are per user and a way to organize your own content. Groups will be an appropriate place for shared content. I understand the need for further organization within a group if the same group works on multiple projects.  That said, this Idea can be repositioned to support searching/filtering groups and group categories within insights on the home page and insights workbooks

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos