Customize information lookup template

02-10-2015 11:49 AM
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

I have been using the Information look up template (hosted). I now have a need to change the geocoder for the app and have it different than the geocoder we default to in our AGOLO site.  I downloaded the files for the lookup template from github.  I have it working locally with my map, However I cannot seem to get it to pick up on my geocoder.  I tried changing the URL in the commonConfig.js and/or in the default.js (the section with helper services).  However there is something else going on beyond there that I am missing.  I'd appreciate any suggestions. I am a novice with javascript but I've gotten some of the other templates customized and working.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II

Nothing jumps out at me except that my locator has many more candidate fields. It is a composite locator, not sure if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Mine is also a composite.  At this point I would log a bug with Tech Support.  If there is an issue, it would be in the search dijit that this app uses. 

0 Kudos
NicholasGross

Ok, thanks Michael.

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

I am having the same issue. I downloaded the template, and would like to add my custom geocoder to it. And since I am not js developer, I don't seem to have much luck with it.

It sounds like you guys might have got it to work, I was wondering if you would be willing to help me.

Thank you, Nataliya

0 Kudos
LeonardOlyott
New Contributor II

Sorrry Nataliya

I am not a developer either and I have struggled a bit with editing the search functions. I basically want the address lookup to be constrained to Australia or within a bounding box. I have copied the code from GitHub and host it on Amazon S3. I then register this app with my AGO account and add it as a template to my template group. I can see it there but it doesn't behave like I think it should. I will let you know what I find out.

Len Olyott

Esri Australia

Industry Solutions

E lolyott@esriaustralia.com.au<mailto:lolyott@esriaustralia.com.au>

P 61 (0)427 185 181<tel:61%20(0)7%203218%204173>

F 61 (0)7 3211 1310<tel:61%20(0)7%203211%201310>

Level 3, 111 Elizabeth Street Brisbane QLD 4000<x-apple-data-detectors://5/3>

PO Box 15459 Brisbane City East QLD 4002<x-apple-data-detectors://6>

0 Kudos