Exclude null values in Public Notification Instant App

08-18-2023 08:02 AM
Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

I set up the new Public Notification Instant App for my assessing department to use to create abutters lists.   Abutters lists are required for things like variance applications, wetlands filings, etc.

The problem arises in that in our assessing cama system, we have an [Owner} field and a {co_owner} field.  Not every record has a value in {co_owner}, but many do, and in some cases they are vital.  So I have to include both fields in the label output from the app.  However, for the ones that don't have a {co_owner} value the labels are populated with the word "null" in that space.  I'm looking  for a way to exclude any line that has a <null> value in it.  See sample in image.

I also need to exclude what we call the "condo main" records from the list.  These are records used to store data relevant to the condo as a whole, like the master deed.  But they don't need to be included in abutters lists.

Since the app itself has very little opportunities for customization, I assume to place to do this is at the layer level in the map?  We don't have this issue in the Web App Builder public notification widget.  But I'm trying to phase out that site.  I like the instant app as a better solution for us, except for this issue.

Thanks!

matt

abutter_list_example.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Matt-Barrett ,

Do you use any arcade expressions in the pop-up that return the labels? Would it be possible to share a screenshot of your pop-up configuration?

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

No.  I don't know arcade.  It's just the field names but there's a space I can't delete apparently.  It's like the top line is formatted as double-space except that's not an option so I don't know why it's there.

abutter_map_popup_config.png

0 Kudos
MattyMaps
New Contributor III

Hi Sarah.

I also get nulls. Iam using arcade expressions to access a related table.

Is this a current limitation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Matt-Barrett 

Can you take a screenshot of the pop-up configuration source text? You can access it by clicking on the source button in the text configuration in the pop-up configuration. 

2023-08-21_14-26-55.png

Thanks!

Sarah 

0 Kudos
Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

Just realized I never answered you.  I guess I got sidetracked for a while.  Thank you for taking time to look at this for me!

MattBarrett_0-1698092855745.png

0 Kudos