Location of sidebar in the Sidebar instant app

12-12-2023 03:39 AM
ChrisH2
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing a frustrating issue where regardless of whether i choose the "left" or "right" options for the "location of the sidebar", the sidebar and all of the associated tools appears at the "bottom" of the map.

Interested to know whether anyone else has experienced this issue

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2. tested on chrome and edge browsers

7 Replies
ChrisH2
New Contributor III

to clarify the issue that I'm currently having, here are the current settings in the Sidebar Instant App

sidebar2.PNG

This configuration results in the legend, popup and other elements appearing at the bottom of the map when the app is published, rather than the desired location on the left of the map 

sidebar.PNG

The examples that I see in the Instant Apps Gallery have the sidebar on the left hand side, and I'm scratching my head as to where these settings might be if they're not those that I've shown above

thankyou

CraigCroxford
New Contributor II

I had the same issue.  It is a bug. Below is the reponse from ESRI.  This also affects many Solutions using the Sidebar Instant App including Tree Solution, Irrigation Solution and Water Utility Solution. I was going to deploy the Tree Solution but the user experience is so compramised by the Sidebar app that this is no longer a useable solution.

From ESRI:  The Esri Inc team has completed a thorough review of the matter and has acknowledged it as BUG-000163830, specifically pertaining to version 11.2.  Unfortunately, there is no workaround available at this time.

valenj88
New Contributor III

Any idea if this is something ESRI would release a patch for?

AL_77
by
New Contributor III

Thank you! Noticed this on all my Instant Apps after upgrading. Now I am having to rebuild in Exp Builder.🙄

0 Kudos
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Same issue here. Hope it gets fixed soon.

- Holly
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

We just upgraded our portal to 11.2 and we are having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
GISAdminStPaul
New Contributor II

11.2, seeing the same bug.

0 Kudos