Zone Lookup Instant App highlight a point in another polygon area

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
TownOfGlastonbury
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am working on a zone lookup instant app, and was wondering if there was a way to highlight a point in another polygon area.

Example for what I’m trying to archive, in my current Web App Builder if you click on a voting district (highlight in blue in the picture) it would highlight the voting polling location in a different polygon (highlight in orange in the picture). See image. In WAB I used the District Lookup widget to get this functionality. 

Can this be done in the Zone Lookup Instant App?

Thanks!

@KellyHutchins 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

This can be done in Zone Lookup if the features are related. The point related to the polygon will be returned in the search results even when it's outside of the zone. It will be highlighted when the app user mouses over the results in the panel.  To set this up, go to full setup mode of the app, and navigate to Zone Lookup > Options. Toggle on "Include related records". 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

This can be done in Zone Lookup if the features are related. The point related to the polygon will be returned in the search results even when it's outside of the zone. It will be highlighted when the app user mouses over the results in the panel.  To set this up, go to full setup mode of the app, and navigate to Zone Lookup > Options. Toggle on "Include related records". 

0 Kudos
TownOfGlastonbury
New Contributor II

That worked, thanks!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
No that is not currently available. If the records are related then you could enable the related records option in the config and it would appear when the polygon was clicked and users could select the feature and it would be highlighted. If they aren’t related can you tell me a bit more about how it would work? Is there a field in the voting district that matches the polling location?

0 Kudos