Select to view content in your preferred language

3D Tiles

05-16-2023 11:12 PM
Bernd_Loigge
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is there a possibility to embed Google 3D-Tiles  using the ESRI JS SDK? Which layer type would we need to use? If there is none available, is there a way to write our own to integrate the 3D-Tiles, any tutorials available?

BR

13 Replies
Bernd_Loigge
New Contributor III

ESRI Team?

0 Kudos
VeronikaLanders
Esri Contributor

Hi Bernd,

thanks for reaching out on this topic.

Not yet but we are actively looking into it. It is indeed an interesting opportunity to move forward - supporting our customers to benefit from globally available mesh content through our platform.

To further discuss your interest and requirements please reach out to Andreas Lippold, our product manager on this topic.

Best,
Veronika

wolfvincent
New Contributor III

This would be a great future in the SDK, the only thing that makes Google have better basemaps (in our case). 

0 Kudos
VictorBerchet
Occasional Contributor

It looks like this is now possible with JS API 4.29:

const layer = new IntegratedMesh3DTilesLayer({
  url: "https://tile.googleapis.com/v1/3dtiles/root.json",
  title: "Google tiles",
  customParameters: {
    // see https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/tile/3d-tiles-overview
    "key": "YOUR API KEY"
  }
});

However it looks like some tiles failed to load:

VictorBerchet_0-1710166954002.png

0 Kudos
wolfvincent
New Contributor III

This works perfect in my case, thanks for updating 🙂 

0 Kudos
dani
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

The JavaScript Maps SDK supports loading integrated mesh 3D Tiles data as of version 4.29. We do not yet have official support for Google's Photorealistic 3D Tiles but we are working on it. 

@VictorBerchet Would you mind letting me know the location where you encountered this issue?

0 Kudos
VictorBerchet
Occasional Contributor

I have a feature request for the IntegratedMesh3DTilesLayer.

Everything works great but the altitude exaggeration (using the documented method). My guess is that's because elevation is built-in the 3D tiles and the elevation layer is not actually used.

Is there any way to have altitude exaggeration with the IntegratedMesh3DTilesLayer? (I have tried setting the parent property to the elevation layer but it does not seem to do anything).

Maybe there should be a field in elevationInfo for that?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
dani
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Victor,

Apologies for the late response. You're right that elevation exaggeration is currently not supported with the IntegratedMesh3DTilesLayer, but I can make a note of your request in case it's something that can be added in the future.

0 Kudos
VictorBerchet
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer @dani - that would be awesome!

0 Kudos