ArcGIS for Server Bug NIM-086349 affecting JS API?

12-28-2012 08:02 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III
I'm running ArcGIS for Server 10.1 SP1, and have recently been made aware of the bug that makes alternate get requests fail and the workarounds documented in this post and this one

Is this bug affecting the JS API when using a feature layer pointing to a REST service?  For instance, I believe the FeatureLayer class is configured to query/redraw on map zoom.  So when I zoom the map, the graphics disappear.  And then when I zoom again, they reappear.  This also occurs if I use a setInterval on a layer to auto-refresh on an interval.  I'm hoping this is related to the bug and not caused by something else (but I'm not sure how the FeatureLayer class works, which is why I'm asking here).  If it is related, is there a workaround.  If no workaround, any progress on a hotfix, since this seems pretty serious....

Thanks, Jay
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
i adapted our feature layer on demand sample to point at a 10.1SP1 service and it seems to be drawing consistently. 

http://jsfiddle.net/jagravois/euVuX/

i also noticed that our published editing widget sample is already pointing at a 10.11 machine and seems to be functioning as expected also.
0 Kudos
RachelAlbritton

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having a similar issue with moving graphics and setInterval.

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory

Whew!  That was so long ago.  It might have had something to do with the FeatureLayer mode (ondemand, selection, snapshot, etc. etc.).  But in all truth, I pretty much forget what I did to fix it.  

0 Kudos