ArcGIS JS API 3.7 and 3.6 down?

Jump to solution
11-28-2013 08:45 PM
ManishkumarPatel
Occasional Contributor II
Is the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.6 and 3.7 down?.

Getting error for dojo while running the application.

URL : http://serverapi.arcgisonline.com/jsapi/arcgis/?v=3.7 shows the below error.

"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\jsapi\arcgis\3.7\init.js'."

Same error for 3.6 as well.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!!

Manish
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ManishkumarPatel
Not sure what was wrong but things are working now. Thanks for everyone 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanikBourdeau2
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
ManishkumarPatel
Try this URL: http://js.arcgis.com/3.7/

Thanks for the prompt response Danik.

I am using the below to reference the ArcGIS API for JavaScript

<script src="http://js.arcgis.com/3.7/"></script>

But I am getting the same dojo.require error. Attached image for reference.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29455[/ATTACH]

Best Regards,
Manish
0 Kudos
DanikBourdeau2
New Contributor III
Hard to tell what is going on but judging from the screen grab you may need to remove the top curly brace '}'.  If you are using the non-AMD style for calling dojo modules they should be placed at the top of your script tag.  Here is an example from an old version of mine.
<script type="text/javascript">
dojo.require("dojo.parser");
dojo.require("dijit.layout.BorderContainer");
dojo.require("dijit.layout.ContentPane");
dojo.require("dijit.layout.TabContainer");
dojo.require("dijit.layout.AccordionContainer");
dojo.require("dijit.form.Button");
dojo.require("dijit.form.CheckBox");
dojo.require("esri.map");

function . . . .

</script>

Hopefully this helps.

On another note, if your are just starting out developing your web app I strongly suggest that you adopt the AMD style of using dojo.  The non-AMD style will be obsolete in the future, so better to adopt the new style now rather than later.
0 Kudos
ManishkumarPatel
Hard to tell what is going on but judging from the screen grab you may need to remove the top curly brace '}'.  If you are using the non-AMD style for calling dojo modules they should be placed at the top of your script tag.  Here is an example from an old version of mine.
<script type="text/javascript">
dojo.require("dojo.parser");
dojo.require("dijit.layout.BorderContainer");
dojo.require("dijit.layout.ContentPane");
dojo.require("dijit.layout.TabContainer");
dojo.require("dijit.layout.AccordionContainer");
dojo.require("dijit.form.Button");
dojo.require("dijit.form.CheckBox");
dojo.require("esri.map");

function . . . .

</script>

Hopefully this helps.

On another note, if your are just starting out developing your web app I strongly suggest that you adopt the AMD style of using dojo.  The non-AMD style will be obsolete in the future, so better to adopt the new style now rather than later.

Thanks Danik.

But the brace is from some code block above the dojo.require. These references are in the script tag of the application. Also I understand the non-AMD style will be obsolete but since we have started long back changing at this point of time would be difficult. Although thanks for the suggestion and any new code changes we are trying to adopt the new AMD style. Things are much simpler with AMD.

I think that the arcgis js api is down for some reason because I am not even able to view the online samples.

I changed my application to point to 3.5 JS API and its working fine as of now. Once the 3.7 is up I will change that back.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,
Manish
0 Kudos
DanikBourdeau2
New Contributor III
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  The service is definitely up and running though; I'm working on my app right now without any problems.
0 Kudos
ManishkumarPatel
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  The service is definitely up and running though; I'm working on my app right now without any problems.

I am not really sure how things are not working at my end but I checked with the online samples too I am unable to view that.

https://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/jssamples/widget_toggle.html

Also I checked with my colleague and even he is facing the same problem. May be I will wait for the weekend and try again on Monday.

Have a good weekend !!!

Regards,
Manish
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
The samples are working properly for me.
0 Kudos
ManishkumarPatel
Not sure what was wrong but things are working now. Thanks for everyone 🙂
0 Kudos