automatically render data entry form from ags feature service

08-13-2013 10:15 AM
AndrewDuff
New Contributor
Good Morning,

I am currently considering a proposal to develop a "template application" that would allow a user to point to a feature service from the rest endpoint and with a configuration file auto generate some data entry forms that would include dojo controls for fields included in the service (text, pick list, date/time picker, attachment uploads, etc), deal with one to many relationships, tab order, etc.  This way we could generate a geodatabase design (with related tables, etc) and publish it as a feature service and quickly generate data entry forms for the strucure (or a subset of the structure) without having to rewrite all the HTML/JavaScript application logic each time.  I acklowedge that some coding will still be required once this tool generates the "template". Essentially ArcGIS.com does this for us through the edit popup but is more of a mapping workflow as opposed to a forms based data entry workflow and doesn't really work well for entring a lot of data (scrolling issues on popup, smaller layout, not tailored/branded to our agency logo, doesn't work with related data tables, etc).  Im wondering if anybody has created something like this and has any information they could provide to me?

Thanks,

Andy
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vishalkumar
New Contributor
This is a good technology but we can do data entry task manually in a better way and with the chances of minimum mistakes because data entry is a information management work and without a good information we can get a better data management. So this is my personal thought that manually we can do better to a data entry work...
0 Kudos