New Contributor II

Can i add audio alert in dashboard,

what the best way to add audio notification to list in dashboard

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@TamerAssaf 

Can you tell me the product you are using?  You've posted in the Maps SDK for Java which is for developers who want to add maps and GIS into their own desktop JavaFX apps.  I think you might be using something different.

If you tell me more about what you are doing I'll find someone to help or move the post to a better forum area.

0 Kudos
TamerAssaf
New Contributor II

@MarkBaird 

I am currently working on a project that tracks vehicles and events for an organization. They want the dashboard to appear when an emergency event occurs on the list of emergency events and give an audio notification to alert.

I think this can be done through JavaScript.

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@TamerAssaf 

Thanks for the information, this helps me understand what you are trying to achieve.  I'm going to move your post to the JavaScript API forum as you've posted in a forum for Native Maps SDK apps (which don't run in a browser).

The functionality you are looking for will be triggered by our API, but the actual audible notification will likely be made by a 3rd party such as howler.js

The forum I've moved this to is better suited for someone to guide you in JavaSctipt questions.  @JuliePowell 

0 Kudos