change background color of dijit.TitlePane

04-29-2015 08:33 AM
BetsySchenck-Gardner
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to change the background color on the title section of a dijit.TitlePane. I've been able to change the text color and size but I can't find how to alter the background color of just the title part of the dijit.TitlePane. I've tried altering the css for the title pane by using the following commands:
  .dijitTitlePaneTitle  { background-color: black ; }

That had no effect. Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Betsy,

Yes!  it is .dijitDialogTitleBar.  Just set the background color and you should be good to go.

I always right mouse click on an element I am interested in on the web page and inspect element.  You can see the css attributed to that element.

Regards,

Tom

BetsySchenck-Gardner
Occasional Contributor

That didn't work. It's declared as a dijit.TitlePane not a dijit.Dialog.

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Betsy,

Did you try inspecting the element as it is displayed?  That should help by giving you specific information about it.

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Betsy,

Here are some links to some tools to help you with working on your app.  I have used all of them, but have been working with Chrome lately.

I found this on this geonet link:  Developing Web Apps with ArcGIS API for JavaScript / Building Applications Using the ArcGIS API for ...

Regards,

Tom

BetsySchenck-Gardner
Occasional Contributor

After digging through the element, I finally found how to change the background color of the title section. Thanks for your help Tom.

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Betsy,

Excellent!  Glad you found it.  Could you please post the result as someone else may be researching the same problem and would benefit by your answer?

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
BetsySchenck-Gardner
Occasional Contributor

The solution that worked for me was adding the following:

.tundra .dijitTitlePaneTitle {

background: #ffff00 !important;

}

Thanks for all the helpful hints. Using background as the declaration vs background-color solved my problem.

LuciHawkins
Occasional Contributor III

If you are using the claro css, you can change the background color using css.  If you are using a different one than claro, just substitute that name in the syntax below.

claro .dijitTitlePaneTitle {

background-color: #C0C0C0;

}

Luci

0 Kudos