Combination of tiled and dynamic map service

07-11-2016 05:53 AM
MU
by
New Contributor III

Hey,

I'm trying to build an application which contains one tiled and one dynamic map service. The tiled map service has the following tile levels:

1:80000

1:40000

1:20000

1:10000

1:5000

1:2500

So, the service's MaxScale property is 2500.

For larger scales (e. g. 1:500), I want to use the dynamic map service. Unfortunately, within my JavaScript application I can only zoom in up to 1:2500, further zooming either with the buttons or the mouse wheel is not possible and results in panning the map.

Why is this happening? Is it a limitation of the JavaScript API?

Regards and thanks in advance

PS: I've used the JS APIs 3.17 and 4 - same behaviour.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MU
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for your tips! In case that Esri's support won't suggest another option, I will evaluate this.

Adrian Marsden​: just to ensure that I understand you correctly: you created a tiled service and added this tiled service as a layer to a dynamic service? So in fact, when calling the dynamic service for rendering (e. g. by calling the REST operation 'Export image'), the dynamic service called the tiled service itself. Effectively rendering within rendering, correct?

Regards

mu88

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

No - I don't think you can reference a service in a service.

What I do is add the tiles in.  When you create the tiles they go to some folder specified in your config.  Open ArcMap, add data, navigate to the folder that is named the same as your tiled service, so maybe something like d:\arcgisserver\arcgiscache\MyTiledService.  You will see it say "layers" in the add data box, select that, and your tiles from the service are added just like any other raster layer into your MXD.

After you've done this, you can if you like, switch off the service that produced them if you're concerend about resources.

Cheers

ACM

0 Kudos