Crashing Performance CIMSymbol Dash Effect Bug on ArcGIS JS 4.29

2 weeks ago
YusufAvci
New Contributor

Hi,

I've been working on CIMSymbols and discovered a crashing performance bug when creating dash effected symbols. I've prepared an example in this codepen link. When zooming in inside the given red area or on red lines, performance seriously drops even there is none visible dashes or symbols on screen. I assume, this problem occurs because it calculates the dashes multiple times unnecessarily. Also to create this bug geometries should be big enough, small geometries like street data lines does not creating bug. One last addition to all, this performance problem crashes browser tab easily on multiple zoom-ins and zoom-outs.

I tried with single line geometry as well, problem still occurs. I tried this issue with versions 4.27 and 4.29 of ArcGIS JS.

Can you help me with this issue?

Regards...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

For performance issues and rendering bugs, I recommend you reach out to Esri Support (support@esri.com). They'll validate the issue you're seeing and create a bug report in our system so we can take a look at it. You'll also be able to track the planning and progress for the bug when reporting through that channel.