Display/Render Layer on top of Scene Layer

01-31-2024 09:55 AM
kjtrottier
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am currently using a scene layer inside of a sceneview to display a series of buildings in 3D,  along with another layer (in this case a mapimage layer) to add an image to the map/view.

Currently no matter the order of the layers the other layer is always below the scene layer. I am wondering if there is a way to make it so the other layer is displayed/rendered on top of the scene layer/buildings.

Edit: I am not the owner of the info displayed in the scene layer (if that matters), currently trying to use publicly available info.

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Not sure what you mean by "on top of the buildings". Do you mean that you want to drape the map image layer on the 3D buildings (so that the buildings display the map image layer as a texture on their walls/rooftops)? If that's the case, then it's not possible. I also doubt that it would look very interesting, displaying the tiles on vertical walls would probably create some funky effects.

Generally, tiled/imagery layers are "draped" on the ground/elevation of the scene. 3D objects then have a 3D geometry and are placed relative to the ground depending on their elevation mode. On the web you can only have one elevation surface.

Feel free to describe a bit more your final goal, maybe we can find some way to achieve it differently.

0 Kudos
kjtrottier
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply,

That is what I had in mind, and figured that would be the answer, but wanted to ask to see if I was missing something.

I'll look into some other aspects I've seen that could provide similar info in different ways.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos