Dynamic X and Y points into HTML

Jump to solution
10-05-2012 10:15 AM
SugihonoBudiman
New Contributor II
Hi. I was able to get the ArcGIS server polygon layers into HTML but not sure how to do the dynamic X and Y from SQL view. I have added the SQLview and see the points all over the ArcMap and saved to MXD. Deployed to ArcGIS server manager and was able to get the rest service. But how to get those into HTML if I don't have object_ID? The SQL view table content changes day to day and this is why I need X and Y on the fly.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
But how to get those into HTML if I don't have object_ID?

what do you mean, get them into HTML?

are you attempting to consume the map service you've created using our JavaScript API?  if so, you might try modifying one of our application samples (which loads the following REST service)

all you have to do is point at the REST endpoint of your own service instead.  Live changes to the data referenced in the map used for publishing should be reflected in the service (and client applications which consume it) automatically.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
But how to get those into HTML if I don't have object_ID?

what do you mean, get them into HTML?

are you attempting to consume the map service you've created using our JavaScript API?  if so, you might try modifying one of our application samples (which loads the following REST service)

all you have to do is point at the REST endpoint of your own service instead.  Live changes to the data referenced in the map used for publishing should be reflected in the service (and client applications which consume it) automatically.
0 Kudos
SugihonoBudiman
New Contributor II
Thanks John. I was cuddling around with Google api v.3 and just now monkey around with 10.1 arcgis server and found both have interesting concept.
0 Kudos