ESRI JS API and Microsoft Edge

07-30-2015 01:13 PM
DanielStoelb
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone had any issues with JavaScript maps not working in Microsoft's new browser, Edge?  I've got a WAB app that works fine in IE/Chrome, but attributes aren't coming up in Edge.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Sigh, I thought Edge was supposed to really support "standards"! I haven't had a chance to test yet...

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

We just started receiving reports that our JSAPI maps were not working in Edge on Win 10. A console message showed Edge blocked a request:

This Internet Explorer instance does not have the following capabilities: privateNetworkClientServer

I'm not a network/systems guy, but I'll try to explain our set-up... maybe it'll help you nail down your issue.

After some research, it seems to be a security issue with how we are showing the maps... We have our GIS servers A and B hosting resources on something like "gis.company.com". They are then embedded using an iframe within an application hosted by another server on the farm (using the same company network, but not on the same domain).

When users within the company attempt to load the maps, they fail with the aforementioned message. External users, outside of the company network, have no problems loading the maps. Furthermore, for internal test sites on the same *.company.com domain, embedded maps work well for internal users.

I'm working through a resolution now, but I suspect some group Edge policies may need to be pushed.

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Here's another description of the issue:

It turns out Edge fails to load a private/local secured SSL page (iframe) when in-conjunction of loading a public secured page. Both sites are secured using public SSL certificates to prevent mixed content issues. The issue is that Edge security detects that the iframe site is located on the users local network (private/domain network) and prevents the page from loading in an iframe.

To resolve the issue we moved the internal site to a non-local address space (a private network space using a different subnet from the local network) so that Edge detects the site as public network. Alternatively you could move the resources to a true public address.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31860020/sec7117-error-when-trying-to-load-a-javascript-file-in-m...

0 Kudos