Expected semicolon - Base map

10-23-2015 02:41 PM
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Recently, I noticed the base maps I'm using are throwing script errors in the debugger:

Here's the additional info:

https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Canvas/World_Light_Gray_Base/MapServer/tilema...

Nothing looks odd in the JSON. Just to make sure, I validated in JSONLint - The JSON Validator.

Any ideas as to what's going on? It doesn't appear to affect the app, aside from noise in the console.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TyroneBiggums
Occasional Contributor III

You'll need to show all of your code. It could be an actual missing semicolon or some kind of hiccup that JavaScript allows, and still renders your data.

Also, shooting from the hip thought: Could be callback is a keyword that JSONP is expecting, not JSON.

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I haven't seemed to run into this recently; additionally, we haven't made any code changes in the mapping app... it may have been something odd with the Esri API/CDN.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris, I know the error has fixed itself, but I recall getting this error, and it was either, as Tyrone mentioned, a previos line, or it seems to me it was a line that didn't line a carriage return in the argument (i.e. Didn't see it as a continuation).