Features flickering in 3D view when FeatureFilter present

03-18-2024 06:24 PM
ChrisSwan
New Contributor

Hello, I have an issue with features 'flickering' in and out whilst moving the camera around in a 3D scene, when the layers have a FeatureFilter applied. The setup uses arcgis/core version 4.28.10, with a FeatureFilter being applied to OGCFeatureLayers and FeatureLayers in a WebScene.

Here's a clip of the issue;

Screen Recording 2024-03-19 at 1.51.16 PM.gif

I tried creating a mirror of the project setup with some test data in a codePen, and wasn't able to reproduce the same behaviour (maybe having more data in the layer makes the problem worse?). A similar flickering effect can happen when features overlap in 3D space (z-fighting), and when viewed from a particular angle (above or below), whether or not they have a filter on.

To test my theories I've tried the following in my project with no luck;

• Included only one feature layer in the scene,
  • Turned off the renderers and various other view/layer config options
  • Using different Layer types (GeoJSON, OGCFeature)
  • Turning off base layers and ground layers

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor

Hmm, really hard to say what causes this without an actual reproduction case.

• Could you still share the codepen (even if it doesn't reproduce the problem), so we have a starter what to look?
    (We specifically need to know what data and renderer / symbology is used, and how featureFilter is applied)

Also, can you check the following:

• Can you check if it also happens with 4.29?
  • Can you confirm the flicker does not happen when FeatureFilter is not applied? 

As said, hard to say but from the current recording I would say:

• it's not z-fighting (happens only with coplanar faces)
  • FeatureLayer, GeoJSON, OGCFeature should not make a difference (the internal rendering is the same on those)

0 Kudos