FieldElement visibilityExpression issues

05-03-2022 07:49 PM
JackCharde1
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

Does anyone happen to know, when trying to set conditional visibility on FieldElements in the Editor and FeatureForm widgets, do the Arcade expressions not work if it's on a field that has a coded value domain? 

I have an address hosted feature layer that I've brought into my API for JS app, and in both my Editor widget I'm trying to make three of the fields (each has a coded value domain) only visible if the user enters a value for a fourth field. I've verified that my arcade expressions are correct, they've been declared in an object that is named in the formTemplate's expressionInfo property. But they won't hide.

I was leaning towards the answer being yes because I tried the same thing by making my City and State fields (no domains) visible only after the user picks a value for the ZipCode field (has a domain), and it does hide the fields. 

note: this is on v4.23

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Hi, would it be possible to share a repro of what you are seeing? Does it only start with 4.23? Sounds like you narrowed it down to only coded value domains? 

0 Kudos
JackCharde1
New Contributor III

Hey Heather, 

Apologies for the very late response. I'm unsure if its only with v4.23 as this is the first time I've ever tried this. It does seem to be just with the coded value domains, as it works on fields where a user must actually enter a value, instead of picking from a drop-down.

The data in the app is public knowledge so I can share the link to the app with you, and you can view the script from the dev tools.

https://personal.psu.edu/jjc7185/GEOG863/FinalProject/AddrPointEditor.html

Thank you!

- Jack C.

0 Kudos