How to label the points of a graphic

Jump to solution
09-07-2016 11:01 AM
DaveSouthern
New Contributor II

Got a request from the user that has me stumped.  The user wants to display an individual graphic on a map with the points of that graphic numbered.  So as the points go along the polygon or polyline they need to display a number from 1 to n.  The purpose is to have those numbers correspond to a table that lists the actual coordinates of each point, so the user can see the coordinate that corresponds to each point on the graphic. 

Any ideas how to accomplish this?  The table that displays the points I can handle.  It's the numbering of the points on the graphic that has me wondering where to start.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
DaveSouthern
New Contributor II

I appreciate you putting all that effort into it, Robert - it certainly looks better this way - but the layer still doesn't show.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

Are you getting any console errors?

0 Kudos
DaveSouthern
New Contributor II

No errors - just information and warnings.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

Can you par down your code share it?

0 Kudos
DaveSouthern
New Contributor II

Alas, no - there's a lot of code before this that loads the base map and all the various feature layers.  If you're stumped, then probably what's happening is my dev lead has got something going on that we're not aware of.  I think I'll punt this one over to him and see what he comes up with.

Thanks again, man - and I'll try to post the working version if we come up with one.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

Try commenting out the lines (25-29) where you are setting the textsymbol properties (so that the text symbol just uses defaults) and see if that makes a difference. I am having to shoot in the dark here as I only have the code provided to go from.

0 Kudos
DaveSouthern
New Contributor II

Nice try.  I already passed it up to my dev lead - we'll see what he comes up with.

0 Kudos