I copy the html in arcgis sandbox, but cannot open it in any browsers? Do I miss anything? Thanks.

04-15-2016 10:45 AM
JianShen1
New Contributor

I am trying to create stand-alone html file using ArcGIS JavaScript API. I can see it in sandbox, but when I saved the content of the html to my local html file. I cannot display it in my browsers. Any help? Thanks.

By the way, I have web map ID from my arcgis online map. Thanks.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JenniferSwift
New Contributor III

Yes, I have a server, these are hosted from IIS via inetpub/wwwroot. Other sample codes work fine. I am also wondering if I need to allow something in IIS.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jennifer,

When I create a new html document in a virtual directory of my IIS and then use the url for that document in my browsers address bar I don't have any issues (http://gislap183/js/webmap3.html). Can you check your browsers web console for any errors?

0 Kudos
JenniferSwift
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, Thank you so much! I can't reach your new link in any browser, and I am using a different computer in a different location. I get a blank page in Edge, and a redirect in ff to a www.dnsrsearch...,   and if I include s in https, I get sever not found. Firebug in FF yields no errors. Can you suggest another console?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jennifer,

You will not be able to get to anything using the link I provided because it is local to my machine. I was just providing an example of what the url would look like.

0 Kudos
JenniferSwift
New Contributor III

Hi, I have a URL and have been serving other code samples from it for many months. Only the samples with web map ID's don't work, and the web maps are shared in ArcGIS Online with Everyone. Just like the Esri sample. And it is all public. (I've been using IIS for 10 yrs+)

I think I should file an Esri ech support request. Thanks for you help!

Best Jennifer

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jennifer,

I hope they are able to help you resolve this. Like I said I don't have any issue on my end.

0 Kudos
BrianAnderson4
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue but only if I try to Launch in IE. If I copy the code from the sandbox and then Launch in Chrome it works great. I am using Notepad++ and the Run tool. I'm creating my own map and could not get it to display in IE so that is why I tried copying some of the samples but could not get them to work in IE either. Again, when I Launch in Chrome my map page and the samples display perfectly. The version of IE I am using is 11, maybe this makes a difference.  

0 Kudos