Issue with MediaLayer overlay of image on map

Jump to solution
11-09-2023 01:04 AM
DavidShearan
New Contributor III

In July I inherited the maintenance/development of the Corfu Butterfly Conservation website. One of its key functions is the submission of sightings of butterflies on the island using geolocations. The site uses the ArcGIS SDK to display maps for the user sightings but also to map the distribution of butterfly species. All of this works well and, apart from some small adaptations, I have not had to make significant changes. However my key stakeholder has asked me to display a map of sightings with an overlay of a geologic map. The map is only an image of Corfu so I can't use it as a map layer. For this reason I am looking at using the MediaLayer function to overlay the image.

I have read the documentation but can't pretend to understand it all. I have also had a play in the Sandbox and copied the code to my webserver. You can see that in action here. I then tried small steps to move towards my final solution. I replaced one of the New Orleans images with my image (actually not mine and copyright approval is still needed). That worked and the Corfu Geology map appeared as an overlay on the city of new Orleans.

I then made a copy of the code and changed it to display the Corfu map. I changed the min/max coordinates to represent a rectangle surrounding the island and I changed the WKID to 4326. I also removed the other images used by the New Orleans code. You can see my new code here.

It correctly and unsurprisingly displays the Corfu map but the image is not visible. Please can you help.

Is the WKID right? Do I have to do something different to specify a world file?

Is there anything else I need to provide so that it is easier to help me?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidShearan
New Contributor III

OK I have to throw my hands up - I mad a schoolboy error and got the latitude and longitude the wrong way round so my geology map of Corfu appeared in the Red Sea. Sorted now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidShearan
New Contributor III

OK I have to throw my hands up - I mad a schoolboy error and got the latitude and longitude the wrong way round so my geology map of Corfu appeared in the Red Sea. Sorted now.

0 Kudos