Jagged Scene Layer

Jump to solution
09-04-2023 11:49 PM
liqiuping
New Contributor II

Hi all,

i  have a bad sceneView performance when i load a scene server in my project (let's call it project A ), the model rendered slowly and when i tried to adjust the tilt or zoom, all operations tend to be jagged. 

the image below shows the slowest frame has taken more than 450ms to render. (record from chrome performance tool )

liqiuping_0-1693893915008.png

then i created a simplified project (let's call it project B ) and load exactly the same scene server and same basemap; and everything went smoothly fast. 

each frame takes less than 120ms

liqiuping_1-1693894907421.png

i compared those two and discovered the difference occurred at function *update*, in which project A repeatedly called the function  *_updateNodeFeatureEstimate* 

liqiuping_4-1693895454568.png

*_updateNodeFeatureEstimate*  - * _getSphereScale *

liqiuping_5-1693895497979.png

while the project B has a lighter function stack in here. 

liqiuping_3-1693895333418.png

the thing is, project A has many extra codes to meet the needs and i have no idea which piece of code lead to this problem. validating every piece could be cumbersome.

so i hope maybe any function name keywords above could ring a bell?

any help would be appreciated. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i finally tracked down the troublemaker:

layer.minScale = 0.001;

it came from a demand to make tile layer to be shown in high zoom level which beyond its' tile scheme limits. 
i made a mistake indiscriminately applying it to all layer in the scene. (huge mistake!  it took me more than two weeks to investigate )

thanks for your time!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
liqiuping
New Contributor II

hi!

thank you for trying to help me.

the problem has been solved!  there is nothing wrong with the service, it's all about a mistake in ""layer.maxScale " setting.

thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor

Hi

Despite the (impressive) analysis we unfortunately can't see an obvious culprit. We would need to have access to the service in question to do deeper performance investigations.

Hence the question: is it possible to share the service with us? If so please DM me for details.

0 Kudos
liqiuping
New Contributor II

hi!

thank you for trying to help me.

the problem has been solved!  there is nothing wrong with the service, it's all about a mistake in ""layer.maxScale " setting.

thanks for your time.

0 Kudos