Memory leakage in firefox

10-11-2013 12:28 AM
MicheleDe_Santis
New Contributor
Hi to all,

since when I have upgraded firefox to 24.0 version the memory usage of firefox.exe process is growing up after long navigation in my webgis application based on ArcGIS API Javascript. Has anyone notice of the same problem?

thanks to all
michele
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor
Does Firefox slow down after extensive use of all of your ESRI JSAPI applications or just a specific application?

In my experience as a JS Dev, its generally the application at fault, rather than the library.
The API itself wouldn't necessarily cause this issue unless it was used in a certain (incorrect?) way.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
i have to say i have noticed a decline in firefox performance as well
0 Kudos
MicheleDe_Santis
New Contributor
Thank you for your answer,

but i made a downgrade to firefox 23.0.1 and the same application works fine while in firefox 24 there is an increasing of memory after several pan and zoom
0 Kudos
JakubMalec
New Contributor III
Has anyone looked into this issue?

It seems to me that the problem existed even in older versions of ArcGIS JSAPI (I checked with version 2.8 of the API). The only thing that changed is that newer versions of Firefox won't free the unused memory after serveral seconds of playing with a JSAPI app (or even after closing the tab).
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Are you using Firebug? I've seen several reports of performance issues with Firefox (with Firebug enabled). Here's one:

http://superuser.com/questions/655041/switching-tabs-in-firefox-firebug-is-very-very-slow
0 Kudos
RafaelBrunner
New Contributor
We currently have the same problem with Firefox.
Did anyone find a solution for this?
0 Kudos