SceneView Layer Order: Can't draw a TileLayer on top of a non-tiled layer

Jump to solution
02-12-2024 04:35 PM
RyanSutcliffe
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to load a tiled layer in an ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript map so that it draws on top of a non-tiled layer but this does not work when I use a 3D SceneView. Its fine in a 2D MapView. Is there some limitation with ordering of tiled vs non-tiled layer tiles in 3D SceneViews?

This codepen shows a specific case where a ImageryTileLayer will not draw on top of an ImageryLayer. I can also reproduce the same thing with a custom BaseTIleLayer instance. 

Is this a bug or did I miss something in the docs?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanSutcliffe

Found it in the docs here:

In 3D, for layers that are rendered on the terrain, the order of the layers also depends on the type of layer. Tiled layers (BaseTileLayer, ImageryTileLayer, OpenStreetMapLayer, TileLayer, VectorTileLayer, WCSLayer, WebTileLayer and WMTSLayer) are always drawn first in the same order as specified in the layer collection. Dynamic layers (MapImageLayer, ImageryLayer, WMSLayer, and feature based layers with elevation mode on-the-ground) are rendered on top using the order from the layer collection.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RyanSutcliffe

Found it in the docs here:

In 3D, for layers that are rendered on the terrain, the order of the layers also depends on the type of layer. Tiled layers (BaseTileLayer, ImageryTileLayer, OpenStreetMapLayer, TileLayer, VectorTileLayer, WCSLayer, WebTileLayer and WMTSLayer) are always drawn first in the same order as specified in the layer collection. Dynamic layers (MapImageLayer, ImageryLayer, WMSLayer, and feature based layers with elevation mode on-the-ground) are rendered on top using the order from the layer collection.
0 Kudos