Tool tips on buttons?

Jump to solution
09-25-2013 10:07 AM
IanPeebles
Occasional Contributor III
I have a navigation toolbar set up that contains icons over buttons.  Is there a simple way to incorporate tooltips on when I do a mouse hover over the button? Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. Here is what my toolbar looks like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27754[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanPeebles
Thanks for the responses.  I had actually figured it out, but couldn't delete the thread in time.  The thing that worked for me was:
title="Zoom In" within the DIV and that was it.  When hovering over the icon, a tooltip shows up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenFousek
They look like dojo buttons. If they are, you can get html style tooltips by setting the title parameter.

new Button({
  label: 'My Button',
  title: 'Click this button to do something cool',
  iconClass: 'iconCool',
  onClick: function () {

}
})

[HTML]
<div data-dojo-type="dijit/form/Button" data-dojo-props="label: 'My Button', title: 'Click this button to do something cool', iconClass: 'iconCool', onClick: function () { }"></div>[/HTML]
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Duplicate answer
0 Kudos
IanPeebles
Thanks for the responses.  I had actually figured it out, but couldn't delete the thread in time.  The thing that worked for me was:
title="Zoom In" within the DIV and that was it.  When hovering over the icon, a tooltip shows up.
0 Kudos
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor
Glad the issue was resolved and thank you for posting your solution.

Make sure you mark this thread as 'answered' to help future users of this forum.
0 Kudos