Using arcgis javascript api 4.27 with jqueryui 1.13.2 causing errors

Jump to solution
09-19-2023 12:40 PM
PLadd
by
Occasional Contributor III

In a nutshell: Can you use arcgis javascript api 4.27 with jqueryui 1.13.2?

The whole story: I found an example of autocomplete that uses arcgis javascript 4.11 api and jqueryui 1.12.1.  I wish I still had the link to the sample site but a search came up empty. 

I copied/pasted the sandbox code from this sample into a blank page, modified the QueryTask URL to point to one of my map services and was able to get the autocomplete feature to work.

Unfortunately I want to use the latest arcgis javascript api (4.27?) and jqueryui 1.13.2 but I get cryptic error messages in the console.  Also tried ag js 4.27 with jqueryui 1.12.1 and that didn't work either.  This led me to wonder if there's something incompatible with ag js 4.27 and jquery in general. 

Here's the console error:

PLadd_0-1695152190149.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

Hi @PLadd -

Could you try loading jQueryUI before loading the JS Maps SDK CDN? I have heard that there are issues when you try to load some libraries before jQuery is loaded.

Lauren

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

Hi @PLadd -

Could you try loading jQueryUI before loading the JS Maps SDK CDN? I have heard that there are issues when you try to load some libraries before jQuery is loaded.

Lauren
PLadd
by
Occasional Contributor III

Are you kidding me?!  That was such a simple solution.  Thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos
LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

Glad it worked and happy to help! 

Lauren
0 Kudos