Where to download JSAPI 2.0 for a local install

08-16-2010 08:52 AM
JohnMonnett
New Contributor
I have previously been using a local install of the JSAPI 1.3 JavaScript and was able to make a few modifications to the JS in order to use my local Dojo with both my web app and the ArcGIS API.

I was not sent the JSAPI version 2.0 and would like to do the same as I had done with JS 1.3.
I have tried using the xdomain configuration but there have been many problems and so far things are not working using that technique.    Note, am using Dojo 1.5.

I hope someone has done the same (local install of JSAPI 2.0) and can enlighten me.

Thanks - John
0 Kudos
7 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
John,

You can download a local copy of v2.0 of the api from the ArcGIS Resource Center.

http://help.arcgis.com/EN/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jshelp_start.htm#jshelp/inside_faq.htm
0 Kudos
JohnMonnett
New Contributor
Thank you very much - John
0 Kudos
JohnMonnett
New Contributor
Thank you very much - John

When will the JS 2.1 be available for download ?
I am currently using 2.0 with Dojo 1.5 but would like to use the compatible version 2.1
0 Kudos
KevinGooss
Occasional Contributor
I too would like to update my local version. Wonder why we can't just download the library the same way the browser does and then serve that?
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
The 2.1 download is now available from the FAQ page in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript help. http://help.arcgis.com/EN/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jshelp_start.htm#jshelp/inside_faq.htm
0 Kudos
ZhenyaMihailovs
New Contributor
Is it possible to configure local JS files with relative paths?
0 Kudos
shaileshgavathe
Occasional Contributor II
Not sure, if this is true ...

Is there any performance issues, when you run JS API from the local server instead of ESRI server? Or it is same or depends on functionality? Has anyone encountered the performance problem before?

Thanks and Regards,
Shail_GIS
0 Kudos