Writing a local ArcGis application with Javascript

05-20-2014 11:15 AM
JoelGraff
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm building an ArcGIS application that's locally hosted on our network.  I have no plans of making it a mobile application or making it available via the web.

Simply put, I'm interested in being able to build a browser-based javascript application that allows a few users to enter data (add features to a pre-defined feature class) via their desktops, so I don't have to manually add everything myself in ArcMap.

Anyway, I know nothing of javascript and ArcGIS, but I was hoping there would be a few straight-forward tutorials that might be useful for doing what I want.  I think the ArcGIS JavaScript API tutorials will get me a good start, but I don't think they go quite in the direction I need to go.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
I think this is what you are looking for.

Tim
0 Kudos
asinha_ppc
New Contributor II

Sorry about hijacking the thread. But I think I'm facing a similar challenge, but cannot view the link being referred to by Tim. -

I think this is what you are looking for...No hyperlink in "this" ?

Can you please re-paste the URL?
Thanks!

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Nebojsa,

It's been a while, but I think this is what I have posted:

Editor widget with simple toolbar | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Hope this helps!

Tim

0 Kudos
JoelGraff
New Contributor
That looks like it'll do the trick.  I think the problem that gets in my way the most is using a map without having to publish it on a server.  For some reason, our IT people aren't really in favor of allowing us to use the ArcGIS server they have set up...
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
you will either have to use arcgis server, or an arcgis online account.
0 Kudos