Essentials Plan is missing Analysis tools/button in a Map Viewer Classic

Jump to solution
05-26-2022 06:24 AM
MatejVrtich
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have an ArcGIS Developer Subscription Essentials Plan. That includes a single-user ArcGIS Online account which provides tools for hosted data management, etc.

However, if using a Map Viewer Classic (under this single-user AGOL account), there is no "Analysis" button to perform analysis. I'm missing especially the Join Features tool, which can be used to create a Join Feature Layer View as a result of joining two hosted feature layers.

Are the Analysis tools missing from the Map Viewer becase of Essentials Plan?

How to create a hosted join feature layer view in ArcGIS Platform?

Thanks,

Matej

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

Hi Matej,

As you can check in the ArcGIS Platform pricing page, it does not offer yet a free tier for are not included for spatial analysis tools yet, but we are working on this. For now, the only way to enable that button with an ArcGIS Platform account is to enable pay as you go.

Said that I think you should be able to create a layer view as a result of joining two layers (since it has no cost) through the REST API. Here I shared a Postman collection that does that, maybe it can help you, but the easiest/quickest way would be:

1. Enable pay as you go
  2. Do the join (no cost)
  3. Disable pay as you go

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

Hi Matej,

As you can check in the ArcGIS Platform pricing page, it does not offer yet a free tier for are not included for spatial analysis tools yet, but we are working on this. For now, the only way to enable that button with an ArcGIS Platform account is to enable pay as you go.

Said that I think you should be able to create a layer view as a result of joining two layers (since it has no cost) through the REST API. Here I shared a Postman collection that does that, maybe it can help you, but the easiest/quickest way would be:

1. Enable pay as you go
  2. Do the join (no cost)
  3. Disable pay as you go

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos