location boost parameter not making any difference in findAddressCandidates and suggest results

Jump to solution
10-07-2022 11:04 AM
Labels (1)
RobinHughes
New Contributor II

I have categories set to City.  If I search for "boston" , "Boston, KY" is listed around position 8 and "Boston, MA" is first.  This is the case even if I set location to "-88.0110264,37.8053707" which is in Kentucky.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cyatteau
New Contributor

Hi there! Thank you for the inquiry. The location coordinates you provided actually appear to be located in Indiana. After testing using the suggest request with the location set to "-85.6, 37.7", you'll see Boston, KY appears as the second result.

Optionally, for more specific "localized" areas, you can also utilize the searchExtent parameter detailed in the API Reference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cyatteau
New Contributor

Hi there! Thank you for the inquiry. The location coordinates you provided actually appear to be located in Indiana. After testing using the suggest request with the location set to "-85.6, 37.7", you'll see Boston, KY appears as the second result.

Optionally, for more specific "localized" areas, you can also utilize the searchExtent parameter detailed in the API Reference.

0 Kudos