Bulk loading ENCs into an NIS on Oracle

10-14-2011 04:21 AM
jameshawks
New Contributor III
Has anyone looked into scripting/bulk loading? I have ~880 .000s I need to load (the entire US enc suite) into an NIS on Oracle.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NancyEl-Zeaiter
New Contributor III
James,

Loading that many cells in bulk into an NIS it is not recommended practice due to memory consumption. 

Each cell imported into the NIS has an import version created as well, and these must be reconciled and posted one at a time to Default.

Recommended practice would be to import the cells in batch, but only perhaps 5-10 cells at a time at the most to avoid issues with maxed out memory in both the import phase and the posting phase.

Also it would be so much easier to keep up with the list of import versions if there were only a few at a time to post then 880 of them to deal with at once.
0 Kudos
jameshawks
New Contributor III
How about a script that does the following:

Load a cell, reconcile and then post it.  Repeat ~880 times. (whatever the current noaa enc count is).

We're very interested in doing this, I just don't know where to start. There's not much of api for nautical solution that I know of. We're attacking this from multiple angles, hopefully we'll get a breakthrough soon.
0 Kudos