Downloading causing crashing constantly

01-30-2024 03:39 PM
ElenaHartley
New Contributor II

I'm trying to download an online layer into Adobe Illustrator but every time I click sync, Illustrator just crashes. It has happened about 6 times in a row, I have tried reinstalling ArcGIS Maps for Adobe CC and restarting my computer but the same thing keeps happening. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hello @ElenaHartley Nice to see you here on the channel. Could you share the data (URL of the layer) and the steps that caused the crash? We will investigate the issue.

Xingdong

0 Kudos
ElenaHartley
New Contributor II

Hi Xingdong!! Hope you are well,

Unfortunately, it's not a particular layer that's causing the issue. I am able to repeat the crash by selecting a random section of the world map (say, the U.S. southern states) and then adding one place (a city, say Atlanta, GA). When I try to sync the map, Illustrator just crashes. What would be the best way to give you information to look into the issue? 

0 Kudos
ElenaHartley
New Contributor II

Just an update. It turned out it was a computer chip issue on my end. App works now and great on my new computer.

XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

@ElenaHartley Would you mind sharing the system info of your computer which encountered a crash?

0 Kudos