Error with syncing artboard with Enterprise 10.9.1 layers

03-20-2024 07:37 AM
JonathanDandois
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I use ArcGIS Maps for Adobe CC on and off. I'm currently on v 3.6.0 of the product.

Recently I've been getting an error when syncing map context to the Artboard from Map and Feature services in our 10.9.1 Enterprise Portal. My typical workflow is to sync all layers in a single internal basemap map service to Illustrator and then share this with peers that need to do custom Illustrator work on our basemap. So I've used this service many times over the years. 

ERROR: The print service is currently unavailable. Please contact your portal administrator for assistance.

The report.txt contains the following

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Host Application: ILST 27.9.0
M4CC Version: 3.6.0
License Type: ArcGIS GISProfessionalAdvUT
ERROR: The print service is currently unavailable. Please contact your portal administrator for assistance.
Date: 3/20/2024 10:18:59 AM

JonathanDandois_0-1710944359915.png

At the same time, ArcGIS Server is throwing this error. 

JonathanDandois_1-1710944487091.png

I have seen some related posted about the error that points to an ArcGIS Pro version issue and that it is related to Pro 3.2. We are running Pro 3.2 and we routinely republish this service as updates and new layers are added. 

Error executing tool. Export Web Map Task : ConvertWebMapToArcGISProject() takes from 1 to 4 positional arguments but 5 were given Failed to execute (Export Web Map). Failed to execute (Export Web Map Task).

Executing the Python arcpy module installed with Enterprise 10.9.1 Server  on the Server does throw the same error that is logged when using the Creative Cloud Sync tool. 

JonathanDandois_2-1710945390387.png

I don't think i can update Server's python version. Can I revert my Adobe Creative Cloud version?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ashley_kuhn
Esri Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out. We are testing custom print services to try to reproduce your issue.

I believe you are correct about the ArcGIS Pro version error. The Export Web Map tool in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 has additional parameter fields that are not compatible with Enterprise 10.9.1. Until that issue is resolved, an option would be to downgrade to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 or upgrade to ArcGIS Server 11.1 or later.

Here is an additional resource on web tool compatibility for ArcGIS Pro and Enterprise.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/share-analysis/web-tool-compati...

I have a couple of questions for you to help us investigate further, is your custom print service published via python script tool? And if so, would it be possible to share it with us?

0 Kudos
JonathanDandois
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ashley, 

I am a bit confused about where the ArcGIS Pro 3.2 issue comes in.  I understand that Enterprise 10.9.1 and Enterprise 11.1+ will have different versions of this geoprocessing tool, but ArcGIS for Creative Cloud does not state that it requires ArcGIS Pro to be installed on the machine running it and the error on ConvertWebMapToArcGISProject is being logged by the 10.9.1 Server. Does ArcGIS Maps for Creative Cloud require that ArcGIS Pro 3.2 be installed along with Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop? 

I can't easily upgrade this Portal to 11.1. I will try to downgrade to Pro 3.0 and see if that works. 

As far as I know I don't have a custom print service running. I'm just trying to sync standard feature services. I do wonder though... I've probably republished these services using Pro 3.2, so maybe that is causing some issues with Enterprise 11.1?

0 Kudos
Ashley_kuhn
Esri Contributor

Sorry for the confusion, I assumed you were using a custom print service published by ArcGIS Pro 3.2. ArcGIS Maps for Creative Cloud does not require ArcGIS Pro 3.2 to be installed.

To help us troubleshoot the feature services, can you please try exporting the same data in ArcGIS Mapviewer (the new mapviewer and mapviewer classic) and let us know if you get the same error. Also, if your service is public, would you be able to send over the link to the feature service url?

0 Kudos
JonathanDandois
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ashley, 

Thanks, that also returned an error in new MapViewer "An error occurred while exporting the web map." with the same error logged in Server.

Your comments about the Pro version got me thinking though, and this reminds me that I DID upgrade the enterprise DB to version 3.2 11.2 last month. I wonder if this is causing the issue?  I've also been emailing with support and will message them about this as well.

JonathanDandois_0-1711542804076.png

It don't know if i can roll back the database, i am guessing no. So it sounds like i'll be planning out the upgrade to 11.1!

0 Kudos
Ashley_kuhn
Esri Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for trying the Mapviewer export. The updated enterprise DB version may be the cause, but tech support should be able to give you more information. Please let us know the details from support, and reach out if you continue to see issues in Maps for Adobe after updating.

0 Kudos