Add reports to ArcGIS Monitor 2023

08-10-2023 01:28 PM
JamesBratton
Occasional Contributor

We frequently use the ArcGIS Server reports in ArcGIS Monitor 10.8 that tell us how many requests have been received or transactions/second....for all of our services.  I know that there are similar reports in ArcGIS Server, but they are very slow and they do not produce a table like ArcGIS Monitor.  I can't find this built in to ArcGIS Monitor.  Maybe there's a way for me to create it, but it would be helpful if it was readily available like it is in the previous version of Monitor. 

Tags (2)
10 Comments
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH

@JamesBratton Are you referring to the result generated by the Excel Report extension for ArcGIS Monitor 10.8? We utilize the Excel Report extensively, and I wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing before I created another Idea. Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

JamesBratton

I'm referring to the reports in the website on the Reports tab.  Under there, I primarily use the License Manager and ArcGIS Server reports.  Esri said that they might provide a tutorial on how to create those in ArcGIS Monitor 2023, but they don't know if it will be provided as a feature.  

I'm also interested in the Excel extension.  We have configured it, but I don't use it very often.

JoeGuziStarkCountyOH

Awesome! Thank you for clarifying. I'm on the same page. I'm looking for an easy way to summarize a given timeframe of data collected by monitor, and use that to make adjustments. We usually look at 6 months of data during our biannual audits of our services. Excel Report is great for this especially since you can automate it, but I like the idea of using the report tab to interactively generate the reports as long as it is efficient. 

JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
GeoJosh
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @JamesBratton,

The reports feature has been superseded by Analysis views in Monitor 2023.x. Are there specific functionalities or KPIs you are interested in tracking that aren't possible to track now via Analysis views?

Josh

JamesBratton

I don't know if the Analysis views are capable of producing the ArcGIS Server report that I use.  I sent examples to @DerekLaw after our meeting last year.  He mentioned that he was going to put together some demonstrations for the blog.  I have not heard if those have been created yet.  I intended to see if I could build it, but I have not had the time.  One of the reports is the one that gives me a transaction count for a list of map services.  I can sort by count or service name.  I can also request a specific time interval.  The same capability exists in ArcGIS Server Manager, but it takes a long time to produce the report.  ArcGIS Monitor 10.x produces the report within seconds, and I only have to select dropdown values. If I have to build it, I guess that I eventually will, but it would be nice if it was there by default. 

DerekLaw

Hi @JamesBratton,

I don't know if the Analysis views are capable of producing the ArcGIS Server report that I use.  I sent examples to @DerekLaw after our meeting last year.  He mentioned that he was going to put together some demonstrations for the blog.

FYI, we're working on a blog now that I think will help address some of your questions. And yes, I believe it will meet some of the needs you mentioned in your email in late August.

One of the reports is the one that gives me a transaction count for a list of map services.  I can sort by count or service name.

I'm pretty sure the analysis view in the blog will cover this.

I can also request a specific time interval.

We don't have this capability yet, but it is in the dev backlog.

We expect to publish the blog soon, thanks for your patience.

Hope this helps,

JamesBratton

@JoeGuziStarkCountyOH are you able to get the Excel Reports to work like they did in previous versions?  I downloaded it and ran a report.  It doesn't appear to give me the data that I am looking for.

JoeGuziStarkCountyOH

@JamesBratton No. I made this post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-monitor-questions/arcgis-monitor-excel-report-20231019-1-questi... and I didn't get the answer I was looking for. I assume I just didn't do an adequate job of explaining what was missing. 

DerekLaw

FYI, for folks following this thread: previously I mentioned,

FYI, we're working on a blog now that I think will help address some of your questions. 

Link to the blog: 5 Useful ArcGIS Server Analysis Elements in ArcGIS Monitor

Hope this helps,