ArcGIS Monitor 2023 Configuration Questions

Jump to solution
02-19-2023 06:13 PM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi There,

I'm working through ArcGIS Monitor 2023 and have some questions around a few things I've seen.

1. Is there a way to add more host processes - like java and javaw as an example - I can see the GIS services and powershell. postgres etc but not java. Can this be added in easily?
  2. As I mentioned on a previous post my monitor has 854 services - so there is always something alerting - is there any best practices for configuring for larger sites? To filter out some of the noise?
  3. Is the http counter coming in the future to alert on general Urls?

Its looking really good so far - just a bit of a swing in thinking for the new layout etc.

@AndrewSakowicz  @DerekLaw 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

1. not in this release.  However, this feature (configurable processes) is coming soon.

2. Perhaps you could label mission critical services and use this label to create collection.  FYI, there will be analysis template based on this approach in the gallery shortly.

3. Yes, we hope this feature to be available by July 2023.

@FraserHand 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

1. not in this release.  However, this feature (configurable processes) is coming soon.

2. Perhaps you could label mission critical services and use this label to create collection.  FYI, there will be analysis template based on this approach in the gallery shortly.

3. Yes, we hope this feature to be available by July 2023.

@FraserHand 

0 Kudos
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Awesome - thanks Andrew. The customer had the mission critical services as http counters in 10.8.1 so I'll label those and put into a separate collection. I'll be moving onto analysis tomorrow!

Thanks

Fraser

0 Kudos
LouEarly
New Contributor II

@AndrewSakowicz Is see the mission critical template in the gallery however it references a tool to import the json called 'admin utility'.  I'm not finding that in the gallery.  Am i not looking in the right place?

0 Kudos