ArcGIS Monitor Excel Report 20231019.1 Question

12-12-2023 10:50 AM
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings,

I recently installed Excel Report for the ArcGIS Monitor (version: 20231019.1), and I noticed that all metrics it summarizes is different than the old Excel Report. I'm specifically interested in the following for ArcGIS Server:

• AGSFreeInstances
    • Min Instance
    • Max Instance
    • Busy Instance Max
  • AGSPerf
    • TRSum
    • P95

It has become a practice of ours to biannually run the excel report for 6 months and take a look at these figures as well as others, analyze our services performance, and adjust our services. We also use the system log parser to look at wait times. Are these going to be added to the new Excel Report eventually? If not are there ways to have ArcGIS Monitor tell us how the Services are performing based on these metrics? Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

Please note, ArcGIS Monitor 2023 has simplified reporting of ArcGIS Instances usage: Instance Saturation Percent, Instances Used, Requests Received, see Metrics reference—ArcGIS Monitor | Documentation

TRSum is equivalent to Requests Received SUM in excel report. Percentiles and potentially wait times will be included in the later releases.  

JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings @AndrewSakowicz,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, that doesn't help me. We use that data to audit our services and we need that level of detail at the service level. The summary is nice but if you can't pinpoint what service is causing the performance problem, how do you know which service needs fixed? We have 6 months until our next audit, we'll just have to revise our procedures. If you are interested, I would be willing to meet discuss our audit procedures. If not no worries. What we had with the old excel report really helped us tune or services, but maybe it was overkill and we are crazy? Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

@JoeGuziStarkCountyOH , To clarify, these stats are at service level.  We discuss how to interpret these metrics and other operations scenarios in ArcGIS Monitor: Operational Scenarios - Esri Videos: GIS, Events, ArcGIS Products & Industries, e.g....

AndrewSakowicz_0-1702652351983.png

Perhaps we can connect at the next conference.  Also, our Esri Professional Service can help as well.

JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings @AndrewSakowicz ,

I apologize. The stats you showed at the service level are in ArcGIS Monitor, which is fine. My hope was to see the stats at the Service level in the Excel Report.  I am currently using the old Excel Report to view the stats at the service level in this way, and would like to be able to continue to use the excel report in this way. 

I'll take a look at the video you shared, and explore ArcGIS Monitor some more. Ideally, the metrics at the service level in the excel report is what I'm after. If we have to adapt and try something else that's fine. I just wanted to make it clear that the way the old excel report worked is something we have come to depend on. Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi 

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor
Note, individual service level stats are available in Excel report
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings @AndrewSakowicz ,

Could you please point me in the right direction? I did not see what I was looking for in the Excel Report (20231019.1). I have attached an example of what I am looking for from the old Excel Report. I highlighted the tabs we use, and bolded the columns I referenced above.

0 Kudos