Count of Services per ArcGIS Server Host

02-20-2024 09:10 AM
Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

We are using ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.0.  Having a hard time doing something that seems like it would be simple.  I'd like to have a pie chart counting the number of services per ArcGIS Server, excluding System and Utilities services.

Service components do not have any information about their parent ArcGIS Server component that would be useful, and all attempts to join back to components, such as joining to Labels (filter on name = 'production') and then joining Labels to components, end up in error messages.

The closest piece of information I can find on Service components is the Internal URL but I would need to use Arcade or something to extract the hostname and I can't find anything indicating that's possible.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Jade_Freeman,

I think you should be able to get this to work with Labels.  For example, I labeled services based on different projects.  I then configured the following expression to see how many services labeled Monmouth and Imagery:

JakeSkinner_0-1708524626089.png

I could then configure the Pie Chart based off of the Name from Labels:

JakeSkinner_1-1708524754763.png

JakeSkinner_2-1708524765130.png

Try the above after labeling all of your services with their appropriate AGS host name.  Note:  you can apply labels to multiple components by selecting them and clicking Apply Labels at the top right.

Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @JakeSkinner , I initially created a separate indicator using the internal address property (internal address contains <<my server name>>).  I like this approach because it's dynamic, meaning if we add a new service to a host, it will automatically get included.  However, it really cluttered by analysis view having a separate indicator for each host so implemented your label approach, even though I'll have to remember to go label each new service when it gets published.  Adding labels has some other advantages such as being able to quickly filter the list of services which is helpful.

It would be nice though if a service and the ArcGIS Server component could be joined - maybe a future enhhancement?  

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos