Migration from ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 to ArcGIS Monitor 2023.0

Jump to solution
02-27-2023 11:56 AM
lvargas
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have searched for information, but have not found.

- Is it feasible to migrate the current configuration of an ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 to version 2023.0, or should 2023.0 be configured from scratch?
- If there is a way to migrate the elements, is there a dependency at the operating system level? for example, the ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 in Windows can only be migrated to an ArcGIS Monitor 2023.0 in Windows?, or is it possible to migrate from a Monitor 10.8.1 in Windows to a Monitor 2023.0 in Linux?
- if it is possible to migrate the elements, I suppose that you start collecting new data and it is not feasible to migrate old data?

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lvargas,

Is it feasible to migrate the current configuration of an ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 to version 2023.0, or should 2023.0 be configured from scratch? 

No, this is not a supported workflow. ArcGIS Monitor 2023 has a completely different architecture and internal framework compared to ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1. As you said, Monitor 2023 should be a new installation.

Based on the answer to Q1, Q2 does not apply.

I suppose that you start collecting new data and it is not feasible to migrate old data? 

Correct. It is not possible to migrate data collected from ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1, for use with ArcGIS Monitor 2023.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lvargas,

Is it feasible to migrate the current configuration of an ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 to version 2023.0, or should 2023.0 be configured from scratch? 

No, this is not a supported workflow. ArcGIS Monitor 2023 has a completely different architecture and internal framework compared to ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1. As you said, Monitor 2023 should be a new installation.

Based on the answer to Q1, Q2 does not apply.

I suppose that you start collecting new data and it is not feasible to migrate old data? 

Correct. It is not possible to migrate data collected from ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1, for use with ArcGIS Monitor 2023.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
lvargas
Occasional Contributor

Hello @DerekLaw 

Thanks for your time and information.