Unable to Register Component: Portal for ArcGIS

02-08-2023 05:13 PM
ChrisCarter3
New Contributor III

Excited to start using the new release of ArcGIS Monitor 2023. I was able to connect all my ArcGIS components with the exception of Portal. I was able to connect our Development Portal but not Production - it just says "There was an error". The only difference between our Dev and Prod portals is that Prod is a multiple machine Portal (but obviously only one is primary). I tried to use both the primary and secondary URLs. Any logs I can check?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ChrisCarter3

I was able to connect our Development Portal but not Production - it just says "There was an error".  ... Any logs I can check? 

What release is the enterprise portal? And yes, there are logs. Please after you attempt to register the Prod enterprise portal and it fails, please navigate to the Administration tab > Logs - is there any info shown? 

I am unsure if the fact that your Prod enterprise portal is multi-machine (unsure if you meant set-up for HA) might be causing an issue.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MKR
by
New Contributor III

@DerekLaw - We are also seeing the same error when adding a highly available portal (2 servers). Other environments with one portal server are ok. We are on 10.9.1. Ticket logged with support. Nothing generated in the logs.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

@MKR  @ChrisCarter3,

Thank you for taking the time to post about this issue. The development team is aware of this issue and a fix will be included in the next patch.

Josh