Can you do 'Contains' instead of 'Starts with' in search suggestions when configuring locator?

01-22-2024 05:43 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Users are complaining they can't search on part of a name, can you customize search?

8 Replies
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Good morning,

I'm sorry you are having issues with your locator. I do have a couple questions for you. Are your users searching for assets (either using an ID or other attribute field) or are they searching for addresses or something else? And are you using a custom locator?

Thank you,

Kerri

0 Kudos
TL2
by

Customer locator on POI only.  Using one name field for POI.  

0 Kudos
TL2
by

@KerriRasmussen I just wanted to confirm when searching for a POI (using a text attribute field) the search is 'starting with' and not 'contains'.  I believe this to be the case - is there a workaround to this?

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

@TL2 Good afternoon. Can you tell me when the locator was created and what version of Pro you were using to create it?

0 Kudos
TL2
by

3.1.3 and it was created in Dec 2023.

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

@TL2I spoke with the Pro team and unfortunately, there is no contains for locators. I would recommend adding this enhancement request to the Esri ideas page: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-pro-ideas and sharing your use case. 

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Thanks for confirming.
0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

You're welcome.

0 Kudos