Cannot Zoom Out in Navigator

12-17-2019 01:31 PM
MapManOregon
New Contributor III

I've started working with Navigator, and noticed that although the map I use in ArcGIS Pro permits scaling out, Navigator restricts how far I can zoom out.  Ideally, I would like to be able to zoom out to see my entire route before starting navigation, but this is not possible on the three Mobile Map Packages I have created thus far.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Keith Massie‌,

Feel free to reach out at jwhitney@esri.com and we can discuss more.

I believe you're running into a known issue where the map scales are getting set based on basemap visibility range. This can effect how far you can zoom in or out. We're working on a better long term solution but in the meantime let's see if we can get the map behaving as you'd like.

Can you describe (maybe an image) of how the basemap is set up? If look at the last layer in your TOC, what type of layer is it and what are the visibility ranges set to for that layer? My guess is the layer either has a min scale set on the layer OR the layer (maybe a TPK / VTPK) has an internal min scale that is restricting you from zooming out further in Navigator. You can try setting the min scale to a higher number (1:200,000) and this should enable you to zoom out further.

Joel

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Joel is correct.  Actually the visibility scale of an operational layer will also cause this, if your are not using a basemap.   The best thing to do for Mobile Map Packages is to always include a basemap and make sure it is visible at all scales.  

Add a layer to the basemap, then select this basemap from the gallery for your map.

This blog article is a good resource for making mobile map package 'best practices' https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2018/01/20/use-arcgis-pro-21-t... 

0 Kudos