02-29-2024 08:10 AM
Labels (1)
EvaMoyerEsri
Esri Contributor
5 9 926
9 Comments
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

Really not loving the contents page redesign. Most of the changes seem like unnecessary backward steps unfortunately 😞

HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Great news about the pop-up order! This is a big improvement. Any plans to take it one step further and allow us to configure the pop-up order? Sometimes the most important layer is not on top. It would be great to specify which layer's popups should be displayed first.

DavidRasner1
New Contributor III

Hate to be so negative, but also not a big fan of the redesign. Wasn't needed. And it also somehow introduced new bugs? Feature selection in a map is buggy and I can delete features even though I shouldn't be able to. 😑

kstone_ntia
New Contributor II

This change has impacted our organization's ability to change ownership of content. We are getting an error stating: Selected member does not have the privilege to receive items.

We are not performing bulk deletions and I am using an admin account. Cannot transfer content to any other user. 

Would appreciate a fix. 

Thanks. 

EvaMoyerEsri
Esri Contributor

@kstone_ntia and @DavidRasner1, thank you for providing this feedback. Can you please report any bugs or issues through Esri Support

MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

@kstone_ntia 

I have been able to reproduce your problem transferring ownership of items. The problem is specific to attempting to change owner from the Content tab. We will apply a fix in the next few days. As a workaround, you can go to the item details page of an item and change ownership there. Not ideal because it's one at a time, but a way to do it until the fix is in place.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

AndrewWallick
Occasional Contributor

Echoing the complaint about the redesign. The folders in particular are worse now - there's so much space between them. When we have longer folder names, we can only see a few folders at a time. We have hundreds of folder in our admin account, so this makes it incredibly difficult to browse for what we need.

Before the redesign, it still wasn't great, but at least you could see 4-5 folders at a time. Now it looks prettier, but at the cost of usability.

AndrewWallick_0-1710871938802.png

What we really need is a big improvement on folder management (probably nested folders), but until we get that, fitting more on the screen at once is a good first step. Or let us expand the folder view.

MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

@AndrewWallick I can see what you mean. We'll see if we can tighten up that text wrapping.

thanks, Mike

RobertThomson
Occasional Contributor II

I dream of the day when we have nested folders (sub directories).  It's been on the want list for a long time in ArcGIS ideas.