HELP - Hosted Data on developers.arcgis.com - is it down?

07-09-2015 11:18 AM
PaulDoherty2
Occasional Contributor III

When I open the hosted data website (Hosted Data | ArcGIS for Developers ) all I get is a white screen.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

https://js.arcgis.com/3.8compact/js/esri/nls/jsapi_en-us.js

Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Cookies cleared after yesterdays update.

Capture.PNG

Andy Gup

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndyGup
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Paul, please try the site again and let me know if hosted data still isn't working for you?

If it still isn't working can you also paste a copy of your console.log here?

PaulDoherty2

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I checked two different accounts but from the same IP address. Neither worked as of 20 minutes ago. Someone in my organization was able to access it while I was not.

It IS working now, not sure what's going on.

0 Kudos
AndyGup
Esri Regular Contributor

Okay, glad you are back up and running. Typically we refer these questions to Tech Support since they can track if there are multiple people having similar issues and get the appropriate information logged.

Just in case this happens again I have a few more questions: Was the colleague, who was able to access it while you were not, in the same building or in a different location? Where there any other pages on ArcGIS Online that didn't work, or was it just that one page? Did you have any other connectivity issues? And, were you using a VPN?

0 Kudos
PaulDoherty2

At the time this occurred my colleague was in Ontario and I was in Quebec. I had no other connectivity issues and was able to access email etc. on my network at home.

It was the only page I was having issues with but to be honest in general arcgis online seems to run slower in this corner of Canada.

Do you think in reality it was a timeout error?

In any case the last time I emailed support they said they can only help me with desktop support since my license is a home use. Bummer.

I will keep an eye on it and let you know if I see or hear any other issues with the Dev site.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul, for what it's worth, I was able to get my hosted data from your first link (had to re-sign into AGOL), The second link just brought up text..

If your accounts are different for GeoNet and AGOL (and the dev login), IE has issues when trying to switch between the two....depending on the order you log in. If already logging into GeoNet, it sometimes tries to use that automatically when switching to AGOL or Dev, which can give an error.

I use Firefox which handles my two logins a bit bette and was able to get into both.r. I don't use Chrome enough to know the normal behavior.

By he way, this is what I saw, after logging in, and then trying your second link...

0 Kudos