Why are the domain values out of order from what it was set as in the geodatabase

Jump to solution
07-30-2015 02:16 PM
HeathAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

Working from ArcGIS 10.2 sde environment I published a feature service with a domain to our ArcGIS Server.  I then brought said service into ArcGIS Online and created a Geoform.  The only problem is, when I when I went to populate the domain field in the geoform the values were out of order.  When viewing the feature service in AGOL or Desktop the pick list is in the correct order.  However, I have noticed that rest endpoint and geoform values are both in the same order but out of order when compared to Desktop and an AGOL map.  There doesn't appear to be any specific logic to how the domain values are ordered when published, but somehow an AGOL map is able to know what the original order was set to be.  Is there some way to get the geoform to display the correct order of values?

Example

domain in geodatabasedomain in rest endpoint
A1B2
B2E5
C3D4
D4A1
E5C3
domain from published service in AGOLdomain pick list in geoform
A1B2
B2E5
C3D4
D4A1
E5C3
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeathAnderson

Not sure why this is but after working with esri staff the symbology was affecting the order or the domain values.  I ended up adding the same feature class again and leaving one set as single symbology and the other as unique symbology from the domain field.  Then in the geoform used the feature class with the single symbology.  Not a great answer but it does work.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HeathAnderson

Not sure why this is but after working with esri staff the symbology was affecting the order or the domain values.  I ended up adding the same feature class again and leaving one set as single symbology and the other as unique symbology from the domain field.  Then in the geoform used the feature class with the single symbology.  Not a great answer but it does work.   

0 Kudos