Print option for Dashboard

08-07-2023 09:56 AM
JacksonBarr
New Contributor II

I'm in local government, and often make dashboards for internal use. My clients and I often find dashboards to be the best solution for their needs to aide not only as a map, but an infographic as well which really works well for simple informative presentations and quick analysis to aide in planning initiatives for the city. Nearly every time I make one, they request a large printed version to use in meetings / presentations. My usual solution is to either screen shot the dashboard, or, depending on the dashboard, bring things into Pro and create a layout. I would love to see a print option for dashboards to eliminate the image quality issue with screenshots, and the hassle and visual appeal loss that can come with Pro. I've heard this from many others as well.

Tags (3)
4 Comments
EH_Alaska

Hey Jackson,

I know I've looked into this in the past and there were potential add-ins you could get. If you look at this thread and scroll down to Carol's comments, she lists instructions for getting the add-in for printing Dashboards. Couple things: I am not an admin so I can't test this myself, and this is also an old thread so it may not even be possible to do this anymore. But it's worth a shot!

NathanEnge

You mean like this? I added a print preview button to my Dashboard

kmsmikrud

Hi @NathanEnge ,

I have a dashboard embedded in an Experience Builder but the EB has a header/footer. I've added a button in the EB with print preview but it definitely does not look as good as yours and somehow doesn't grab the map in the embedded dashboard but leaves that as gray space.  Do the header/footer cause issue for the print screen button functionality?

Thanks,

Kathy

NathanEnge

Print Screen is finicky that way. You may need to orient your print preview in the windows system dialog to landscape, and make sure to enable the checkboxes for print background.

I've not tried embedding the dashboard into an ExB with header footer already in place. A simple test, is to just go "ctrl-p". that is essentially the same thing as the print preview button.