365 ArcGIS Online app opens wrong url by default

12-19-2023 01:00 PM
KellyLew
New Contributor

Hi folks

I've tried looking for this answer and haven't got anywhere. So my organisation has 2 ArcGIS online platforms. So i essentially have two logins, one for each "org". Now when I open ArcGIS from the 365 app launcher, it defaults to Organisation A. But i need it to default to Organisation B, because I would only need to access B sporadically. 

How do i change this? currently i am having to log out of Org A and then log in to Org B...

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Reply
JonathanNowlan
Esri Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Reach out to your IT or department who has admin rights to configure your 365 app launcher. You can ask them if they can do one of the following:

1. add another tile that points to org B instead of org A.

2. If they don't want to do that, ask if they are able to alter the URL of the current ArcGIS Online tile to point to arcgis.com instead of the org A url (<orgAname>.maps.arcgis.com>).

By pointing to arcgis.com you'll be able to login with the account you want and it will redirect to the correct org once you log in.

Note option 2 will only work well if both orgs rely on ArcGIS logins. If one or both of your orgs are configured with SAML logins this approach may not suit your needs since users would be prompted to input the org name AND their respective login credentials.

Set up SAML logins—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

0 Kudos