Ability to search a table in the Sidebar app

01-30-2024 03:09 AM
MappyIan
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there

Is it possible to use a related table as the source for the search function in the Sidebar Instant App?  The situation I have is I'm creating an app for a University campus, I have a polygon layer of Buildings, which has a related table of Occupants (i.e. university departments that are in each building) via a one to many relationship.

I can browse the related records in the map popup by selecting the building, and this works fine.  But what I want to do is configure the search function so that users can search for Occupants, and be presented with a list of all buildings which the selected Occupant is in.

It's possible to configure this in the web map (by following the documentation), but this configuration doesn't seem to be exposed in the Sidebar app.

This page seems to suggest that any search options configured in the Web Map will be brought through in to the instant app: "If search has been configured in the web map, configurable apps use that configuration once it’s enabled inside the app."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies