Access and display layer history

11-01-2023 12:53 PM
JulioGarrido
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I am in the process of creating a fire hydrant maintenance system.  It involves showing the hydrants on a dashboard created in Experience Builder and updating/editing the information using Field Maps.  The system is taking shape nicely, but I would like to add history to the system.  

For example, I have hydrant 123 which was inspected on Jan 11 2010, Jan 12 2015, and Jan 14 2020.  Each time it was inspected, a flow test was performed showing static and residual pressure as well as the flow rate at the time of inspection.  I would like to show the history of this hydrant once it is selected on the map.  It would be nice to know if there is a drop in pressure.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Julio G

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @JulioGarrido 

One option that would allow you to do this is to use Related Records. You could store the hydrant data in a feature layer, and all of the inspections in a related table. Then you could set up both the pop-ups and the forms to show the related records. For more details on how to set this up, you can check out this lesson on learn arcgis.com on setting up hydrant inspections in Field Maps: https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/inspect-hydrants/

MaryAnne_VanZuyle
New Contributor III

We follow this asset and related table structure for our inspections. We also create a database view that joins asset information with the last record from the related table for that asset. We can then use that database view to symbolize the most recent activity on that asset.